Terms and Conditions
The following details the Terms and Conditions and Code of Conduct which governs Western Australian Railways Institute (WARI) ABN 17 610 289 692 Member/s behaviour in reference to the reservation of use of WARI accommodation.
Terms and Conditions
- Booking Detail
- The WARI holiday homes are let for residential holidays/corporate accommodation only.
- The member making the booking, must be financial, must be present for the duration of stay, and is the person responsible for the property for the dates of hire.
- The member shall be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions on behalf of all persons arriving at the property, by signature acknowledgement on the booking contract or selecting the relevant checkbox for online bookings.
- Please refer to the WARI Booking Guidelines for further information on all holiday bookings.
- WARI Code of Conduct
- All bookings are arranged for the dates shown on the confirmation email/letter/receipt and are observed in true and good faith by WARI but may be subject to change prior to the commencement, or during the booking.
- WARI reserves the right to cancel/postpone any booking should circumstances arise, which renders the booking unfeasible, including (but not limited to) property damage, acts of God, pandemic, code of conduct or occupational health and safety reasons.
- In any event, WARI shall notify the member as soon as possible and do our best to arrange alternative accommodation (if applicable) or dates, dependent on the situation. If practical, a refund or credit may apply, but no other claim, right or action or demand shall exist in or be made by either party.
- In the event of any renovation/building work being carried out near the premises, such work is beyond our control and WARI cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise or inconvenience guests may suffer as a result. No discount will be negotiated for any of the above.
- Occupation of premises which in the absolute discretion of WARI causes nuisance or annoyance to neighbouring or adjoining occupiers will be terminated immediately, and any costs incurred following misuse of the property will be payable by the member.
- We aim to make your holiday experience as pleasant as possible. However, no liability is accepted for any injury, sickness, debt, damage, loss, delay, expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events beyond the control of WARI. The usage of BBQ facilities is at guest’s own risk and we advise to use these with caution.
- WARI operates the accommodation supply and letting of the homes for bookings in accordance with observance of the laws and regulations of various Governments.
- Arrival \ Departure
- Standard check-in time is 12:00pm (noon) and check-out time is strictly 10:00am.
Access to the key codes for the properties will be provided to members on the property information brochure.
- Member’s Liability and Responsibility
- Guests: The number of guests specified on the booking brochure is the maximum number allowed to reside in the home for the duration of the booking and must not be exceeded.
- Home Use: Functions, parties and extra guests are strictly not allowed, and penalties apply. Any type of function, party or get-together will result in immediate eviction without refund of any balance of an unused stay and will restrict future bookings. An adult (aged 18 + years) must always be on site of the home when children are present
- Keys: Members are responsible for the safekeeping of accommodation keys. Duplicate keys are not always available. Guests requiring a key from WARI after office hours will be charged a minimum service fee of $60.00. Lost keys will incur a charge and in some cases lock smith fees to replace the lock for security.
- Personal Belongings: No responsibility is taken by WARI for guest’s personal property left on, in or near the premises whilst accommodated in a WARI property or left after departure. This extends to acts of nature, fire, theft and pest. All care must be taken to protect the accommodation and your personal belongings whilst you are at the home. Doors and windows at the premises should always be secured. Postage costs will be payable if staff are required to collect/return items left by guests. All lost property will be retained for a period of 30 days, after which it will be disposed of if not claimed. All property left can only be claimed and returned to the registered member with WARI. If a representative is to claim the goods on their behalf, written permission must be provided.
- Repairs and Maintenance: Any repairs, maintenance or service reported and requested by guests to be attended to the property or any equipment provided at the property, and/or deemed necessary by WARI, will be attended to as soon as practicable, however no recompense will be negotiated due to the failure of any services or equipment provided at the property. Guests are required to allow repair and or service personnel to enter the premises during reasonable hours (by arrangement unless an emergency could exist or arise) for the purpose of conducting any repairs, maintenance or service. Guests requesting a service call which is subsequently found not to be required will be charged the applicable service call-out fee. In some cases where maintenance repairs cannot be attended to or repaired during the guests stay, the guest may be required to relocate to another premise provided by WARI, however the move to the new premise is the responsibility of the guest, and also at their own cost.
- Property Damage: The member will be responsible for damage to the property or loss of or damage to any items at the property, including but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, floors and floor coverings, furniture and fittings, kitchen utensils, crockery, glassware, cutlery and the guest may be required to pay to WARI, the full cost of replacement or repair of any such items damaged or lost. All damage, breakages or losses are to be reported to WARI immediately. All furniture and equipment must be left in the premises as originally found.
- Animals: Due to Health Regulations, animals are NOT permitted inside or on the external surrounds of the property at any time. Violation of this condition will result in immediate eviction of all people from the property and cancellation of the booking.
- No Smoking: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the property at any time. Charges will apply.
- Departure Conditions: Members are responsible for ensuring that, when vacating the property, doors are securely locked, windows securely closed and locked where locks are fitted, all lights, heating, cooling and other appliances are turned off.
- Garbage: All garbage is placed in the appropriate bins provided.
- State of Cleanliness: The home is to be left in a neat and tidy condition. Please remove all food from the fridge, oven and benches. Clean any excess spills or cooking mess, including the BBQ, wash all dirty dishes, pots and pans.
- Additional Cleaning: If the caretaker determines cleanliness of the property is not up to standard, or additional cleaning is required, then the guest will be charged an excess cleaning fee. Additional cleaning fees will be charged at $60 per hour. Members are expected to leave the home in the same condition it was upon arrival (or better).
- Law: Members are responsible for the observance of laws and adherence of Government regulations.
- Cancellation Policy
a. All cancellations must be submitted in writing via email or post
b. Total amount due as stated on the allocated booking contract must be received in full by payment date as stated.
c. Any cancellations\adjustments received after booking date, and up until 4 weeks prior to the arrival date will receive a
d. Any cancellations\adjustments less than 4 weeks prior to the arrival date will receive a $100 fee. WARI will then attempt to re-book the home.
If the home is unable to be re-booked, unfortunately the full payment is non-refundable.
6. Guest Wi-FI Policy
a. Acceptable Use Policy: The WARI Guest Wi-Fi Terms and Conditions, Wi-Fi policy apply to all persons using the WARI Guest Wi-Fi service provided by the Western Australian Railways Institute Incorporated ABN 17 610 289 692 ('WARI').
b. Acceptance and agreeing to the WARI Terms and Conditions at the time of booking, or by placing said booking for WARI Holiday Home Accommodation with WARI, incorporates any intended use by persons as per the Terms and Conditions outlined in the WARI Guest Wi-Fi policy included in the link to the PDF document below.
WARI Guest Wi-Fi Policy