Terms and Conditions
The following details the Terms and Conditions and Code of Conduct which governs Western Australian Railways Institute (WARI) ABN 17 610 289 692 Member/s behaviour in reference to the reservation of use of WARI accommodation.
You must be a current and financial WARI member (or members of interstate affiliates) to book our holiday homes. Please note bookings are non-transferable to non-members. The member making the booking must be present at the home throughout the duration of the stay. Additionally members can only book one holiday home at any given time.
Weekly bookings operate from Saturday to Saturday and can be made 12 months in advance; aside from school holiday periods (including Easter & Christmas) which are conducted by way of a ballot.
Short term bookings (i.e. overnight, mid-week or weekends) are only available to book, if vacant, 2 weeks prior to the required arrival date.
The Home is considered ‘allocated’ at the time of booking (verbal / written) and any change will only be made in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If a booking is cancelled, transferred to a different date or otherwise changed at the request of a member, a standard administration fee of $20 per week will apply. This fee will also apply to short-term bookings i.e. less than 7 days. WARI reserves the right to change bookings where repairs or maintenance are required or should other circumstances make it necessary.
Failure to notify our office of any intended cancellations in a timely manner will incur the relevant cancellation fee as listed:
|Amount of notice
|4 - 12 weeks
||$50 per week booked
|2 - 4 weeks
||$100 per week booked
|2 weeks or less
||100% cost of total booking
During the peak use period being the 1st October through to 30th April, the maximum occupancy is 2 weeks at any one location. Outside of this time, the cap is 4 weeks.
Once a booking is made, paperwork for the home will be immediately sent to the member, where for weekly bookings a $100 deposit (50% deposit for Interstate member affiliates) will be due within 14 days. Additionally all weekly bookings must be paid for in full six weeks prior to the arrival date. For short-term bookings the full total amount of the booking will be due on confirmation.
WARI will also require a copy of our completed and signed booking hire form at the time of receipt of deposit (or payment for short-term bookings). No payments will be processed until this form is received at our office.
At any time the Manager may use his discretionary powers to decline bookings.
The caretaker is under the direction of the Manager of WARI and has authority to administer the building. Tenants are to occupy the premises in a manner which will not cause offence or complaint by neighbours and are required to comply with the regulations of the caravan park (where applicable).
Terms and Conditions
- Booking Detail
- The WARI holiday homes are let for residential holidays/corporate accommodation only.
- The member making the booking, must be financial, must be present for the duration of stay, and is the person responsible for the property for the dates of hire.
- The member shall be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions on behalf of all persons arriving at the property, by signature acknowledgement on the booking contract.
- WARI Code of Conduct
- All bookings are arranged for the dates shown on the confirmation email/letter/receipt and are observed in true and good faith by WARI but may be subject to change prior to the commencement, or during the booking.
- WARI reserves the right to cancel/postpone any booking should circumstances arise, which renders the booking unfeasible, including (but not limited to) property damage, acts of God, pandemic, code of conduct or occupational health and safety reasons.
- In any event, WARI shall notify the member as soon as possible and do our best to arrange alternative accommodation (if applicable) or dates, dependent on the situation. If practical, a refund or credit may apply, but no other claim, right or action or demand shall exist in or be made by either party.
- In the event of any renovation/building work being carried out near the premises, such work is beyond our control and WARI cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise or inconvenience guests may suffer as a result. No discount will be negotiated for any of the above.
- Occupation of premises which in the absolute discretion of WARI causes nuisance or annoyance to neighbouring or adjoining occupiers will be terminated immediately, and any costs incurred following misuse of the property will be payable by the member.
- We aim to make your holiday experience as pleasant as possible. However, no liability is accepted for any injury, sickness, debt, damage, loss, delay, expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events beyond the control of WARI. The usage of BBQ facilities is at guest’s own risk and we advise to use these with caution.
- WARI operates the accommodation supply and letting of the homes for bookings in accordance with observance of the laws and regulations of various Governments.
- Arrival \ Departure
- Standard check-in time is 12:00pm (noon) and check-out time is strictly 10:00am.
Access to the key codes for the properties will be provided to members on the property information brochure.
- Member’s Liability and Responsibility
- Guests: The number of guests specified on the booking brochure is the maximum number allowed to reside in the home for the duration of the booking and must not be exceeded.
- Home Use: Functions, parties and extra guests are strictly not allowed, and penalties apply. Any type of function, party or get-together will result in immediate eviction without refund of any balance of an unused stay and will restrict future bookings. An adult (aged 18 + years) must always be on site of the home when children are present
- Keys: Members are responsible for the safekeeping of accommodation keys. Duplicate keys are not always available. Guests requiring a key from WARI after office hours will be charged a minimum service fee of $60.00. Lost keys will incur a charge and in some cases lock smith fees to replace the lock for security.
- Personal Belongings: No responsibility is taken by WARI for guest’s personal property left on, in or near the premises whilst accommodated in a WARI property or left after departure. This extends to acts of nature, fire, theft and pest. All care must be taken to protect the accommodation and your personal belongings whilst you are at the home. Doors and windows at the premises should always be secured. Postage costs will be payable if staff are required to collect/return items left by guests. All lost property will be retained for a period of 30 days, after which it will be disposed of if not claimed. All property left can only be claimed and returned to the registered member with WARI. If a representative is to claim the goods on their behalf, written permission must be provided.
- Repairs and Maintenance: Any repairs, maintenance or service reported and requested by guests to be attended to the property or any equipment provided at the property, and/or deemed necessary by WARI, will be attended to as soon as practicable, however no recompense will be negotiated due to the failure of any services or equipment provided at the property. Guests are required to allow repair and or service personnel to enter the premises during reasonable hours (by arrangement unless an emergency could exist or arise) for the purpose of conducting any repairs, maintenance or service. Guests requesting a service call which is subsequently found not to be required will be charged the applicable service call-out fee. In some cases where maintenance repairs cannot be attended to or repaired during the guests stay, the guest may be required to relocate to another premise provided by WARI, however the move to the new premise is the responsibility of the guest, and also at their own cost.
- Property Damage: The member will be responsible for damage to the property or loss of or damage to any items at the property, including but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, floors and floor coverings, furniture and fittings, kitchen utensils, crockery, glassware, cutlery and the guest may be required to pay to WARI, the full cost of replacement or repair of any such items damaged or lost. All damage, breakages or losses are to be reported to WARI immediately. All furniture and equipment must be left in the premises as originally found.
- Animals: Due to Health Regulations, animals are NOT permitted inside or on the external surrounds of the property at any time. Violation of this condition will result in immediate eviction of all people from the property and cancellation of the booking.
- No Smoking: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the property at any time. Charges will apply.
- Departure Conditions: Members are responsible for ensuring that, when vacating the property, doors are securely locked, windows securely closed and locked where locks are fitted, all lights, heating, cooling and other appliances are turned off.
- Garbage: All garbage is placed in the appropriate bins provided.
- State of Cleanliness: The home is to be left in a neat and tidy condition. Please remove all food from the fridge, oven and benches. Clean any excess spills or cooking mess, including the BBQ, wash all dirty dishes, pots and pans.
- Additional Cleaning: If the caretaker determines cleanliness of the property is not up to standard, or additional cleaning is required, then the guest will be charged an excess cleaning fee. Additional cleaning fees will be charged at $60 per hour. Members are expected to leave the home in the same condition it was upon arrival (or better).
- Law: Members are responsible for the observance of laws and adherence of Government regulations.
- Cancellation Policy
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing via email or post.
- Any cancellations\adjustments received after the initial (1 week) allocation date, and greater than 4 weeks prior to the arrival date will receive a $50 fee.
- Total amount due as stated on the allocated booking contract must be received in full by payment date on booking contract form.
- If members elect to cancel an allocated booking within 1 week of the issue of confirmation,
a $20 fee will apply.
- Any cancellations\adjustments less than 4 weeks prior to the arrival date will receive a $100 fee. WARI will then attempt to re-book the home. If the home is unable to be re-booked, unfortunately the payment is non-refundable.
- 6. Coronavirus
Members must not travel/stay at the WARI homes if they are unwell. Additionally, if members or their guests are awaiting results from
Covid-19 testing or are diagnosed with Covid-19 they are unable to stay, self-isolate or travel to the WARI holiday homes.
- Option 1: Booking Transfer Credit: All credits requests must be submitted in writing via email or by post.
- Any booking transfer (credit) requests less than 4 weeks prior to the arrival date will incur a $20 fee.
- The credit will be placed on the members account for use within 1 year of the date of the original booking.
- Credit amount may be applied to the cost of future bookings, or other WARI products and services – additional charges may apply.
- Option 2: Booking Cancellation: All cancellations must be submitted in writing via email or by post.
- Any cancellations made less than 4 weeks of the arrival date will incur a non-refundable $100 fee.
- WARI will then attempt to re-book the home. If the home can be booked, then we will refund your balance paid minus the non-refundable $100 fee.
- If WARI are unable to re-book the home, as per the standard cancellation fees, unfortunately the payment is non-refundable.
- Enforced Cancellation: If the Government or other authority imposes a travel ban within Western Australia, then all bookings will be considered transferred (credit) without restriction.